DUE TO LACK OF SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS, SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM IS ON HOLD TEMPORARILY
SMCC believes that education is one of the most important things you can invest in. We believe that there are talented, motivated young South Asians out there that have the potential to change the world. We believe that with the rising cost of education, some of those young people could use a bit of help. And that is where we come in.
Our goal is to improve access to post-secondary and post-graduate education for all individuals of South Asian descent regardless of socioeconomic status. By removing financial barriers we strive to enable high potential individuals to excel and contribute to the Canadian community. The current scholarship is focused on students in Ontario.
Youth face numerous challenges. Many of them are remarkable students with great potential and intelligence. Through a selection process, which qualifies merit, community service, career aspirations and financial need, we hope to award qualified students with scholarships to help further their education.
To learn more, please visit www.smccscholarship.ca
SMCC will be awarding scholarships up to $10,000 per recipient to a limited number of qualified individuals on an annual basis.
We are looking for students who have demonstrated academic excellence, extra-curricular involvement, community service and financial need.
To qualify for this scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, based out of Ontario
- have applied to a Canadian post-secondary or post-graduate institution
- be of South Asian descent
- be a full-time Student in high school or post-secondary institution with a minimum average of 75% or a GPA of 3.0/4.0 (or equivalent)
Conditions for Disbursement
If you are selected to receive the SMCC Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria to receive your award:
- maintain an average of 75% or a GPA of 3.0/4.0 (or equivalent) until graduation
- be accepted by Canadian post-secondary or post-graduate institution
- Complete 8 hours of community service with the Sanatan Mandir Cultural Centre (applicable events include the walkathon, golf tournament, etc.)